-->

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions- Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream Review


For the past few months I've been super stressed.  Since I have hormonal acne, stress really takes a toll on my skin.  I've been having some pretty bad breakouts lately, and my skin care regimen just has not been cutting it.  Typically I use completely natural products in my routine.  If you haven't read about my skincare routine, here's an idea of what it typically looks like:

Cleanse with Manuka honey
Apply Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
Moisturize with Organic Coconut Oil

That's it!  This routine has been working great for me.  Unfortunately the stress is making my acne angry!  I needed something that would help prevent/treat my breakouts as fast as possible!  Mainly I was having bad breakouts around my cheek/chin area (typical of hormonal acne).  I did some research on some of the top mostly natural acne spot treatment products.  Burt's Bees has always been one of my favorite skincare/beauty lines, so I decided to go with the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream.  Luckily they sold it at my local pharmacy (Walgreens).  It is quite pricey...I believe I paid around $14.00 for it.  It comes in a very small tube, just 0.5 oz.  That doesn't seem like much, and I honestly hated spending so much money on such a small amount of product.  BUT I was desperate, so I gave it a shot.

Here's the pros of the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream:

  • 99.5% natural
  • Contains naturally derived salicylic acid (2% strength)
  • A little goes a LONG way
  • Can be applied under makeup
  • Does not cause drying (at least it didn't for me)
  • Works well to clear breakouts
Here are the cons of Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream:
  • Somewhat strong scent
  • Small tube (not much product for the price)
  • Can be difficult to find in stores
  • Takes a day or two to start working
So, for the first few days that I used this product I didn't see much of a difference.  After about the third day it really started clearing up my skin, which was a pleasant surprise.  I also noticed that some of my hyperpigmentation started fading, an added bonus!

Another great thing about this product is that it has natural salicylic acid extracted from Willow Bark.  Willow Bark is becoming increasingly popular in acne treatments because it's an all natural form of salicylic acid which is a well-known acne treatment ingredient.  The Willow Bark also has natural Beta Hydroxy Acids which help naturally exfoliate and unclog pores.  As I mentioned before, a little goes a long way with this product.  You don't even need a pea-size amount...more like 1/2 pea-size for your entire face. 

I apply the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream nightly after toning.  I use a thin layer in my breakout prone areas for prevention and dab a tiny bit in areas that I have active breakouts for treatment.

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream

Ingredients:

aqua (water, eau), caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, salix nigra(willow) bark extract, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate SE, cera alba (beeswax, cire d�abeille), calophylluminophyllum seed oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, equisetum hiemale extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal) extract, lonicera caprifolium extract, lonicera japonica extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, sorbic acid, tocopherol, xanthan gum, lecithin, glucose, glycine soja (soybean) oil, parfum (fragrance), sodium chloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, phenoxyethenol, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool.




LihatTutupKomentar