-->

Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne

There are many benefits to using apple cider vinegar for acne...

Acne is something that many adolescents and adults struggle with, but few are aware of how Apple Cider Vinegar can help. As a teenager I always told myself that I just had to survive a few years with acne before my skin would clear up and I would be rid of acne breakouts forever. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. I am now twenty-four years old and have been dealing with acne breakouts since I was sixteen. Over the past eight years I have tried countless remedies and treatments to help with my acne breakouts. The money that I have spent on acne cures and acne treatments is ridiculous. I could buy a new car with all of the money that I have spent trying to rid myself of acne!
Over the years I've learned to live with acne, but every time I look in the mirror I'm reminded that my skin is less than perfect. Acne has a major influence on self-esteem, and as much as I tried I just couldn't shake the horrible self-thoughts when I looked in the mirror and saw all the scars and breakouts staring back at me.

Within the past year I started researching natural remedies to heal acne and prevent breakouts. I was surprised at how many natural remedies existed for the treatment of acne. I have tried any and all over the counter products available (i.e. ProActiv, Clearasil, Murad, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear) and none of them produced significant results in the treatment or prevention of my acne. As a last resort I changed gears and started trying cheap, natural remedies. One of the first natural home remedies that I tried was Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). Apple Cider Vinegar has natural antibiotic properties which make it effective in treating acne causing bacteria. Unlike some OTC acne treatments, Apple Cider Vinegar is all natural and has no harsh added ingredients or chemicals that can harm your skin or make your breakouts worse. Only raw, organic, all natural Apple Cider Vinegar will work in the treatment of acne. Don't waste your money by buying ACV that has been processed and pasteurized. It won't work because all the natural goodness of the Apple Cider Vinegar has been taken out.

After finding a raw organic ACV (I use Eden Organic) I made a simple toner to use on my acne breakouts. Just mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts distilled water, and voila! An all natural acne treatment that costs a little over five dollars. I store my homemade ACV toner in a glass bottle in the fridge so that it's cool and refreshing when I apply it. To apply, just use a cotton ball and apply generously all over the face, focusing on breakout prone areas. Leave the toner on overnight. Don't worry about the smell, once the ACV is dry you can barely smell it at all. I used this simple ACV toner on my face every night, and after the first week I saw a noticeable difference in the severity of my acne. I had less breakouts and my existing acne was healing beautifully. I was also surprised to see my old acne scars fading as a result of the ACV toner. I have been using this home remedy ACV toner for five months now, and my skin is nearly flawless. I still get an occasional pimple here or there, but in comparison to my massive acne breakouts prior to using the toner, I can handle a pimple or two!
While researching this home remedy I also learned that drinking two tablespoons of organic ACV per day will help clear up acne from the inside out. It does so by clearing the body of toxins.

Additionally, if you are suffering from hormonal acne (like me) drinking organic ACV can help regulate your hormones and calm acne breakouts. I couldn't bring myself to drink the liquid form of Apple Cider Vinegar, but I found that they make Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form as well. I have only been taking the capsules for two weeks but am already seeing promising results. Not only do I feel better overall, but my skin has continued to improve and is more clear and radiant than it has been in the past eight years!


More Helpful Acne Articles from The Natural Acne Cure:

  • The Best Makeup for Acne Prone Skin
  • How to Fade Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation
  • Homemade All Natural Acne Toner Recipes
LihatTutupKomentar