-->

Using Sea Salt to Treat Acne

I recently moved to a town near the ocean, which means that I've been spending a lot of time at the beach.  After moving here I noticed a huge difference in my skin and a lot less random breakouts.  I decided to do a little research and I discovered that sea salt is really good for breakout prone skin.

I found that a lot of people stated that whenever they went to the ocean, their face actually cleared up after being in the salty sea water.  This would make sense because I've seen a really great improvement in the overall health of my skin.  As I've mentioned before I still get  a breakout from time to time, usually around that time of the month, but since I've been spending a lot of time swimming in the ocean my breakouts are practically nonexistent! 

This led me to wonder if I could recreate this sea salt effect at home, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  Based on all of my research I found out that you can create a toner with sea salt and purified water.  The important thing is that you get pure sea salt with no other ingredients.  I typically buy my sea salt at the Dollar Tree, but when I checked the label I noticed that they add in something that helps prevent the salt from clumping, so I didn't want to use that on my face.  I ended up ordering some Celtic Sea Salt online instead.



Here's the recipe for the toner:

1 teaspoons sea salt
1 cups distilled/purified water

That's it!  It's really easy and the sea salt will last forever so you can just keep mixing up batches of the toner when you run out.  I saved a glass Snapple bottle that I rinsed out really well and I use that to keep my toner in.  I prefer to store things in glass rather than plastic because of the toxins found in plastic.  Anyhow, I've been using the sea salt toner for about a month now and it really has been working just as well as actually swimming in the ocean.  It's tourist season where I live so I don't go to the ocean as much, but the sea salt toner has continued to improve my breakouts and I haven't had to deal with any new pimples since I started using it.  It tends to dry out your skin a bit, so I only use it at night before I go to bed.  I've been alternative the sea salt toner with my ACV toner.  So far so good!  I highly recommend that you try this, especially if you have moderate-severe acne.  The salt is very cleansing and helps get rid of the acne causing bacteria, which is why sea water is so good for your skin.  Also, the sea salt water also helps heal cuts and wounds quickly, so it really helps heal any pimples that you may have picked or popped.

       

Another thing that I like to use the sea salt for is to exfoliate once a week.  All I do is use my regular cleanser and add a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt right into the cleanser and then gently scrub my face in circular motions.  There's no need to spend money on a store bought exfoliator, just use your regular cleanser and add a little sea salt once or twice a week to help get rid of dead skin cells and unclog your pores.

So, give sea salt a try and let me know how it works for you!! I'd love to start hearing from some of my readers...I'm always looking for new ideas on how to treat and prevent acne, so please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you guys think and how these remedies have worked for you!


LihatTutupKomentar